How to get the most out of Roomi:
- Be honest about your habits and preferences.
- Insert vivid detail into your profile. Dislike garglers? Not a wind chime fan? Say so.
- Do use Facebook to learn more about potential roomis. It’s not stalking…it’s called being savvy.
- Do follow up, once. Maybe your roomi overlooked you.
- Don’t take rejections personally. There are plenty of roomis to go around.
Will you help us to make Roomi the best roommate-matching service on earth?Back
Tired of playing roommate roulette? Roomi removes the hassle from apartment and “roomi” hunting and helps you connect with efficiency and success.
Founder Ajay returned from a summer abroad to a ransacked apartment: his roommate had cleaned him out. In an instant, he lost his home, a hefty security deposit, and a lifetime of furniture and other belongings. Don’t let it happen to you.
We offer a safe, efficient alternative to the random roommate lottery. No more sifting through listings: our streamlined specs and photos make finding the right roomi as easy as checking boxes. Roomi users are also Facebook verified, to enable you to learn a little about them before you commit.
Ready to find your roomi? Download the app, and get started.Back
- Bring your cell phone just in case (duh!).
- Try to bring someone with you when showing or viewing.
- Keep your email address to yourself! Use Roomi chat, and only share personal information when necessary.
- Avoid scams. Never transfer funds—at least not before you have a key.
- Boycott suspiciously bad spellers and grammaticians.
- Trust your instincts. Report any suspicious users to Roomi.
Effective April 29, 2013
To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used when you access Roomi’s mobile and online services (the “Service”). We are committed to protecting your privacy and committed to developing technology that gives you the most powerful and secure online experience.
This privacy statement covers personally identifiable information, anonymous data collection and aggregate reporting. Personally identifiable information is any information that is associated with your name or personal identity.
What we collect
During the registration process, the types of personal information you provide to us may include, name, address, phone, fax, email address, Facebook username, date of birth, and Roomi account username and password.
How we use it
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- To deliver services that you request.
- To help us create common interests diagrams to match you up with other users.
- To alert you of available housing, product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services provided by Roomi.
- To respond to feedback that you provide to us.
- To provide assistance that you request.
Who we share it with
We never sell or rent your personal information. We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation, or in good faith to (a) comply with legal processes served on the site, or (b) protect the rights and property of Roomi, or (c) where our records indicate fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of, or (d) where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
When you register, we will not share your information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above. We use personal information to reply to inquiries, handle complaints, provide operational notices, keep records up to date to notify you via periodic e-mails of technical service issues, specials, or other related product/service information. Your information may be shared with our agents or contractors for the purpose of performing service for Roomi.
Security of your Personal Information
Roomi strictly protects the security of your personal information. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your username and password, so do not share these with others.
We use SSL encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
Access to your Personal Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time by logging into your account.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as password and username, before granting access to your data.
Our web sites are not setup to track, collect or distribute personal information. Our site does generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes only. The statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
The Service uses "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Service.
Effective April 29, 2013
2. Use of Roomi. Roomi is only for people at least 18 years of age, and by using Roomi you represent and warrant that you are of majority age, and that all information you submit is accurate and truthful. If you are under 18 years of age, you may use Roomi only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If you access Roomi from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access Roomi.
3. Accounts. There is no charge to open an account, and in order to use Roomi registration is required.
4. Facebook. By using the Service, you grant Roomi the right to use information you have entered into your Facebook profile in order to match you with other users and deliver more accurate listings, as well as to create a common interests diagram among users of the Service. This information may also be used for product improvement purposes.
5. Email. Roomi may send you emails with current room listings, and these listings may be based on previous searches or, if enabled, geo-location features on your mobile device. Roomi may also send you emails containing marketing offers for services relevant to living with a roommate, including but not limited to housekeeping and other services, and apps that offer features such as chore splitting, bill splitting, and ordering cleaning supplies. You may unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in the emails or through your account settings.
7. Passwords and Security. You agree that if you are issued a username and password in connection with your use of Roomi, you are responsible for keeping such information secret and confidential. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your username and/or password, including, without limitation, all communications and submissions. You are responsible for changing your password if you believe that your password or username has been lost, stolen or might otherwise be misused. You agree to notify Roomi.com immediately of any unauthorized use of your username or password or if any other breach of security is suspected by you.
8. External Links. Roomi may provide links to other websites that are not maintained or controlled by Roomi (“Linked Sites”). The inclusion of any hyperlinks to Linked Sites does not imply approval or endorsement by Roomi of those Linked Sites, or content, products or services offered on those Linked Sites. Roomi expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, copyright compliance, accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of goods or services provided by or advertised on any Linked Sites, and in no event shall Roomi be held responsible or directly or indirectly liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on any Linked Sites.
10. User Content.
A. You are solely responsible for any message, photo, profile or other information (collectively, “Content”) that you publish or display (“post”) on Roomi, and for any material or information that you send to members. You agree to use the Service in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
B. You agree that by posting content on Roomi, you hereby grant Roomi a non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, display and perform such Content in whatever means Roomi deems appropriate. This license continues even after you cancel your account.
C. You represent and warrant that:
i. Your Conent will adhere to the Fair Housing Act, and
ii. You own the Content posted by you on Roomi, or you otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in Section 10(B), and
iii. Your Content does not violate the privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and
iv. You agree to pay for any royalties and/or fees owing any person by reason of any Content you post on Roomi.
i. is patently offensive and/or promotes racism, bigotry or hatred, or promotes violence against any group or individual, or otherwise violates the Fair Housing Act or other laws, or
ii. harasses or advocates harassment of any group or individual, or
iii. involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or spam, or
iv. is known to be false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities, or
v. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another’s copyrighted work, or
vi. contains restricted or password-only access pages or hidden pages or images, or
vii. provides material that is sexual in nature, or
viii. provides instructional information about illegal activities, or
ix. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes, or
x. is irrelevant to the stated purpose of Roomi.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties. ROOMI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT ROOMI, THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR RECEIVED THROUGH ROOMI, OR ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH ROOMI. ALL INFORMATION AND USE OF ROOMI IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ROOMI DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENTS OR ANY INFORMATION RECEIVED THROUGH ROOMI ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT ROOMI WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE CONTENTS OR ANY INFORMATION RECEIVED THROUGH ROOMI ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE OR HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF ROOMI IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU HAVE RELIED ON NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR STATEMENTS OTHER THAN IN THIS AGREEMENT. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU BUT SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAWS OF YOUR JURISDICTION.
12. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL ROOMI BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ROOMI OR SERVICE, EVEN IF ROOMI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, ROOMI’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO ROOMI FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
13. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Roomi, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, representatives, employees and other partners, from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service.
14. Disputes. You agree that any dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions, and you agree to personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts located in New York.
Where and how you want it.Find a room at specific locations or be inspired by our beautiful gallery, that gives a lot of space to the photos.
Kiss your nightmare roommate goodbye.Well, not literally. Find likeminded roommates with the Roomi app—and get to know them before you move in.
Hi there!Roomi’s built in chat feature lets you get acquainted quickly and without sharing personal information.
Point. Click. List.Uploading photos and describing your ideal roommate has never been so easy.