Home of the Renaissance period, Florence is a vibrant city with museums, art galleries, historical architecture, and a wide array of cultural events. People come from around the world to visit museums such as the Uffizi Gallery or churches like Santa Croce. Due to its rich artistic heritage, Florence is often considered one of the most romantic cities in Europe. If you’ve ever wanted to look for rooms for rent in Florence, read further to learn its neighborhoods and the average rent in Florence.
Related: 12 Best Things To Do In Florence
Getting to Know Florence
Florence, the capital of Tuscany, is located on the Arno River in central Italy. The city has been a center for art and culture since the Renaissance era. There’s something for everyone in Florence, whether you’re interested in art, history or a good meal! The weather in the city is generally warm and mild. While snowfall does occur occasionally during the winter, it usually doesn’t accumulate on the ground for long.
Finding Rooms for Rent in Florence
As a bustling city with a history that dates back to the Roman Empire, Florence is known for its incredible art and architecture. Also, it’s known for good wine and olive oil production, as well as its beautiful beaches scattered along the coast. Finding rooms for rent in Florence can be challenging if you don’t know where to look. Renting a room in a shared apartment or home is the most common way to find cheap rooms for rent in Florence. And that’s exactly what we’ll help you with!
Top Neighborhoods in Florence
- Duomo: Duomo is one of the most lively and packed neighborhoods in the city as well as one of its oldest. It has a high number of bars, restaurants, and fashion boutiques. Also, its in close proximity to other important parts of the city!
- Oltrarno: Situated on the south side of Florence, Oltrarno is a picturesque neighborhood with plenty of engaging things to do and see. The neighborhood is full of art, culture, and cute shops. It’s harder to find cheap rooms for rent in Florence here but you will find sought-after goods and mouth-watering meals!
- Santa Croce: Santa Croce is an iconic neighborhood with a flavor all its own. Not only are its streets lined with shops and restaurants, but there’s the stunning Basilica of Santa Croce. And you can find many interesting landmarks just by strolling down the street.
Average Rent in Florence
|Room For Rent In Florence||Average Rent|
|Studio Apartment For Rent In Florence||€1,059|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Florence||€1,426|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Florence||€2,384|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Florence||€2,433|
|4 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Florence||€2,288|
|5 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Florence||€2,740|
|6 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Florence||€2,234|
|7 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Florence||€3,731|
|8+ Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Florence||€4,126|
University Life in Florence
Florence is a beautiful city that boasts an eclectic mix of history and culture. It’s the perfect place to spend while completing your education abroad. Florence provides the opportunity to be part of some great universities while having fun and expanding your horizons.
5 universities you should check out:
- University of Florence
- Florence Academy of Fine Arts
- Accademia Italiana
- European School of Economics
- Michelangelo Institute of Florence
How transit-friendly is Florence
Florence is a walkable city where you can easily get around on foot. In Florence, people can walk from one end to another in less than half an hour. You can efficiently hunt for rooms for rent in Florence by walking around the city!
In Florence, you can hop onboard one of the many ATAF buses and get around without hassle at an affordable cost. Also, bus travel allows you to see some great sites along the way!
Trams operated by GEST provide a cheap, eco-friendly mode of transportation that can be enjoyed by tourists and locals alike. They’re easy to use, making them accessible to new visitors too!
Taxis can be a great option if you’re out at night and want to get around the city. Or, if you’re looking for rooms for rent in Florence. Even though they’re expensive, they’re a reliable source of transport. Keep in mind that you will not find taxis on the streets; you will either have to go to a taxi stand or book a taxi using an app.
Cultural Activities in Florence
Florence is known for being the home of the Renaissance. The city itself has plenty of historical sites and museums that are worth visiting. Not only that, but it also has a vibrant contemporary art scene that exists alongside traditional Italian culture. If you’re looking to move to a city with an active art scene and a rich history then you should look for rooms for rent in Florence!
The festival is held throughout the city, with many different events and great food. Carnevale is celebrated for 7 weeks before Lent every February. It’s celebrated with parades, masks, floats, live music, fireworks, and costumes. Also, you’ll discover elaborate decorations on buildings and monuments.
Da Vinci Museum
One of the most popular attractions in the city, the museum’s collection holds a variety of Leonardo da Vinci relics including paintings, sculptures, and drawings. It also has many paintings by other artists that include several works by Michelangelo. If you’re a local or a tourist looking for cheap rooms for rent in Florence, you’ll want to go back to this museum!
Michelangelo’s David is a masterpiece and symbol of the Renaissance in the Accademia Gallery. It was created in Florence between 1501 and 1504. It stands 17 feet tall. And even though it’s over 500 years old, its creation set off a wave of tourism to the city of Florence that still exists today!
Restaurants in Florence
If you’re hunting for rooms for rent in Florence, you should know there’s no shortage of places to eat. But with an abundance of restaurants, picking a place can be overwhelming. So, here are some restaurants you can visit for delicious meals!
- Trattoria Da Burde: This restaurant serves a variety of traditional Tuscan dishes and classic Italian favorites. It has excellent food and a warm and relaxed atmosphere. However, the place is a bit expensive but the food quality is worth it.
- Trattoria Sabatino: This restaurant serves delicious Italian food and wine. The pasta dishes are excellent, and they also serve seafood, meat, and pizzas, which are mouth-watering and delicious.
- Culinaria Bistro: Culinaria Bistro in Florence is a unique restaurant that offers incredible food and unparalleled traditional Tuscan cuisine. They only use the best and most natural local produce as ingredients.
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Florence? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we’ll help you find your perfect match!