You are here because you are looking for rooms for rent in Arlington, TX. Roomi will assist your hunt, covering important factors such as average rent price through this digital city guide for Arlington. Moving to a new city and new accommodations can be stressful. However, this blog will help ease some of your highest anxieties.
Arlington City in Tarrant County is in the State of Texas in the U.S. It is part of the mid-cities region of the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area and is a major city of the metropolis. With a population of 398,854 people and 70 neighborhoods, Arlington is the seventh largest community in Texas.
Getting to Know Arlington
Arlington has a mixed group of white- and blue-collar jobs. Most professionals work in offices, administrative support, and sales. Moreover, 95% of the career-starters/professionals living here work in computers and math! That means highly intelligent people live here. Just look at Mensa, the largest and oldest high IQ society in the world. Its U.S. headquarters is in Arlington, TX.
Arlington is associated with many notable football teams and for its sports and recreation attractions. You can visit the International Bowling Museum, tour the Globe Life Park, or visit the Arlington Convention Center.
Get your adrenaline rush at the Six Flags Over Texas theme park. Or, visit Lake Arlington and see some art at the UTA. And if the season’s right, you can visit AT&T Stadium and see the Dallas Cowboys. Sports not your thing? There’s always the Arlington Museum of Art. Moreover, you should also catch a performance at Theater Arlington, and shop till you drop at the Parks Mall.
Finding rooms for rent in Arlington, TX
A large portion of Arlington’s demographic is educated, single and young. In addition, they are most interested in advancing their careers. In the evenings, you will find young, career-oriented professionals enjoying the varied restaurants and bars available in Arlington.
Housing costs in Arlington are below the national average for both rent and purchasing a home. Also, cost of living is above the national average while transportation is below average. The average rent price in Arlington neighborhoods is anywhere from $700 to $1770.
As your city guide for Arlington: beware! The lack of easy public transportation to, in and around Arlington can be challenging, so be prepared. Being your city guide for Arlington, we suggest that you note down important questions to ask owners/landlords before you look for rooms for rent in Arlington, TX. Roomi will help you diligently in your search for rooms for rent in Arlington, TX.
Top Neighborhoods in Arlington, TX
- Arlington Downs Townhomes: Consists mostly of midsized homes, reasonably priced. You should be able to find rooms for rent in Arlington, TX here. Some things to inquire about and consider when looking here are: repairs, pet policy, insurance, parking rules and rental restrictions.
- East Arlington neighborhood: Enjoys easy access to prime amusement and water parks. Here, you will find local art and entertainment galore. Also, the shopping centers feature an assortment of choices and local seasonal products.
- Western Arlington neighborhood: Here, the Oakwood apartment offers access to entertainment, shopping and dining venues, with one, two, and three bedroom apartments. Amenities include a courtyard, large laundry facilities, a swimming pool and BBQ/picnic areas.
Related: Find Rooms For Rent In Lubbock
Average rent in Arlington, TX
|Room For Rent In Arlington||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Arlington||$539|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Arlington||$1,078|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Arlington||$1,617|
University life in Arlington, TX
Arlington is famous for its universities and their campuses, which offer a vibrant, exciting lifestyle. Living together in an inclusive community sets you up for the real world. University life is a great learning experience and the university campuses in Arlington will definitely give you a new perspective of the city. The UTA setting is suited for students who enjoy the fast-paced city life. Enjoy it!
A few universities in and around Arlington are:
- Tarrant County College
- University of Phoenix, Arlington
- Texas Wesleyan University, Fort Worth
- Arlington Baptist University
How transit friendly is Arlington, TX
There’s a lack of easy public transportation available in Arlington. According to the News Archives’ in 1980, 1995 and 2002, Arlington residents voted down mass transit options. However, we have compiled a list of transit options in Arlington that will make your commute and life easier!
Arlington rates 82 on walkability and most errands can be accomplished on foot.
Taxis are easily available and you can call 24/7. Most accept cash and card payment for services.
Arlington offers ride-hailing options in certain parts of the city for residents and visitors without personal vehicles. However, you will have to be ready to pay a hefty ride-hailing bill.
- Arlington Municipal Airport is located within Arlington and is a public-use airport owned by the city.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is the primary international airport serving the Dallas–Fort Worth metropolitan area.
- Dallas Love Field in Dallas is a city-owned public airport. The distance from the airport to Arlington city center is 24 miles.
Arlington has dozens of hiking and biking trails. Actually, the city is very bike-able. If you enjoy cycling, you’ll be pleased to know daily errands can be easily accomplished on a bicycle.
Fun Activities in Arlington, TX
As your city guide, we highly recommend that you research rooms for rent in Arlington, TX. And, while you’re at it, discover the interesting activities mentioned here.
Inaugurated in August 1961, Six Flags Over Texas is an infrastructural delight and pride of Arlington. The title refers to flags of the six different nations that have governed Texas: Spain, France, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the United States of America, and the Confederate States of America.
It’s the original amusement park in the Six Flags chain. As of June 2021, Six Flags Over Texas features 13 roller coasters. Its largest theme park comprises thrill, family, and kids rides, in addition to the live shows & events. Additionally, you’ll find exciting restaurant and dining venues, shops & gifts, and merchandise stores available.
Related: 15 Best Things To Do In Dallas
Historical/Cultural Spots in Arlington, TX
- International Bowling Museum & Hall of Fame: A visit to this museum will educate you on the 5000-year old history of the global sport of bowling! From Egyptians in ancient times to today’s computer-assisted training centers, all information is collected, preserved and exhibited here.
- Planetarium at the University of Texas, Arlington: This cultural spot offers everything from venues for private get-togethers, parties and events, exclusive memberships, virtual field-trips by astronomers, shows, and more. Another cultural and infrastructural delight in Arlington, TX.
- Arlington Museum of Art: This essentially showcases regional artists. It’s a non-collecting museum allowing many public engagement events to be hosted.
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Arlington, TX? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!