Aurora is Colorado’s third-largest city and home to the numerous museums and music events. If you’re someone who seeks adventure, then living in Aurora could be ideal for you! The city has lots of diverse outdoor recreation activities for you to explore while living here. And that’s where Roomi comes in, to help you find rooms for rent in Aurora. If you’re thinking about moving here, read on to learn more about the lifestyle and finding cheap rooms for rent in Aurora.
Getting to know Aurora
Nicknamed the “Gateway to the Rockies,” Aurora is known for its culture, food, relaxing atmosphere, outdoor recreation activities, and art exhibits. In Aurora, the summers are hot and mostly clear, and the winters are very cold, dry, and partly cloudy. Additionally, throughout the year, the temperature normally varies from 20°F to 88°F and is rarely below 4°F or above 96°F.
The average rent in Aurora is lower than the Colorado average. Likewise, the cost of living is a lower and quite affordable. Let’s dive into the basics: average rent, top neighborhoods, and cheap rooms for rent in Aurora.
Finding rooms for rent in Aurora
Many of the country’s largest metropolitan areas and coastal cities saw prices fall rapidly throughout most of 2020, illustrating how the COVID-19 pandemic had a starkly different effect on regional rental markets over the course of the year.
However, according to Apartment Lists’s final National Rent Report of 2020, Aurora is one of a handful of cities where rent prices have gone up slightly during the pandemic.
Neighborhoods with cheap rooms for rent in Aurora are Sunny Vale, where the average rent can go for $795/month, and The Dam, where the average rent can go for $895. Similarly, Dayton Triangle, with the average rent for $945, and North Aurora, where renters pay $1,071/month on average.
Top Neighborhoods in Aurora
- Aurora Hills: This is one of Aurora’s finest communities, noted for its safety and calm, friendly atmosphere. People are often walking their pets or going for a morning stroll or jog around the neighborhood. Furthermore, on average, Aurora Hills apartments rent for $1,228 per month. Thus making it a great place to start looking for rooms for rent in Aurora.
- Saddle Rock: This neighborhood is home to the golf course of the same name. Moreover, it is ideal for those seeking peace and quiet while also having access to outdoor and recreational activities. It’s a safe area with plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, gyms, and supermarkets, all of which add to the convenience of living here.
- Expo Park: Although there aren’t a lot of stores and restaurants in the neighborhood, its location allows for easy access to shopping centers and places to hang out and grab a meal. It’s a close-knit community with affordable rental prices making it easier to find cheap rooms for rent in Aurora.
Average rent in Aurora
|Rooms For Rent In Aurora||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Aurora||$876|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Aurora||$1,940|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Aurora||$2,568|
University life in Aurora
As a student in Aurora, you can lead through student government. Additionally, universities have programs such as volunteer initiatives to give back to the nearby community. In other words, university life encourages you to be active in the local area.
Most universities offer on-campus housing, where you can choose to live in dorms as well. But if you’re looking for cheap rooms for rent in Aurora, we’ll help you ease the process of finding the best universities to pursue your studies. Here are the top 5 universities in Aurora.
- University of Colorado, Denver
- Community College of Aurora – Lowry Campus
- Colorado State University- Global Campus
- University of Denver
- Platt College
How transit friendly is Aurora?
Aurora has a range of highway travel alternatives as well as reliable public transportation to get you where you need to go. The R Line light rail, the RTD bus system, a variety of private ground transportation, and significant ride-sharing services are all located in the city. Find out more about the various modes of transportation available below.
1. Public transportation
The RTD runs 170 local, regional, and SkyRide bus routes that connect to nine rail lines and serve thousands of bus stations. To the Denver International Airport, local one-way prices are $2.60, regional $4.50, and SkyRide $9.00.
Taxi Union Taxi Cooperative and Yellow Cab Denver run services from Denver to Aurora. Union Taxi Cooperative charges $2.25 for the first mile and $2.20 for each extra mile. If you want to explore rooms for rent in Aurora, getting around in a taxi will be convenient.
3. Car Rental
Whether you’re going for a fun night out or looking for cheap rooms to rent in Aurora, you will want a great vehicle to get around in. Besides, Aurora is a car-dependent city, with an average walk score of 43. Check out Car Enterprise which has four locations in or around Aurora where you can rent a car. The standard rate starts at $44.10 a day.
The University of Colorado A Line, opened in April 2016, carries passengers from downtown Denver to DIA in 37 minutes. The R Line, bringing light rail service through the heart of Aurora, is an efficient transit option for its residents. You can use this mode of transportation to get around the city while looking for rooms for rent in Aurora.
Cultural activities in Aurora
Vintage Theatre, a small theater featuring innovative productions and a thriving youth theater program, is located here. The Aurora Fox Arts Center, a 1940s-era movie theater that reopened as a performing arts center in the 1980s (and which now offers theatrical education programs for youngsters), also hosts live theater and other acts.
The 1,100-acre Plains Conservation Center provides a glimpse into life in Colorado during the mid-nineteenth century, while the Aurora History Museum features periodic exhibits on themes such as the city’s craft beer culture and important local families. There’s no shortage of places to visit in Aurora!
Restaurants in Aurora
- The Madras Café is an Indian-owned restaurant that serves classic Indian dishes seasoned with chiles, garlic, ginger, coconut, and other spices for an authentic eating experience.
- ELITA Foods is a Mediterranean-inspired restaurant and deli that serves sausages, seasoned vegetables, bread, and dips, as well as a fast-casual lunch menu.
- Mondo’s Pizza is a casual eating establishment that serves handcrafted pizzas, as well as spaghetti, salads, and sandwiches. Living in Aurora has its perks, and getting to experience handmade New York style pizza without having to fly to New York is one of them!
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find cheap rooms for rent in Aurora? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!