One of Brooklyn’s most architecturally noteworthy neighborhoods, Clinton Hill is located between Fort Greene and Bedford-Stuyvesant. Young families and pet owners flock to Clinton Hill because of its closeness to Fort Greene Park and Prospect Park. The area’s affluent history is reflected in the leafy streets with majestic brownstones and row homes. You’ll love looking for rooms for rent in Clinton Hill and living here because of its landmark buildings, which give it an unmistakable historic feel. Here is a guide to Renting in Clinton Hill and everything else to make your move easy.
Where is Clinton Hill?
Clinton Hill is a neighborhood in north-central Brooklyn, a borough of New York City. It’s next to the Brooklyn Navy Yard and is known as “The Hill” because of its elevation of 95 feet (29 metres) — the highest in the area.
Clinton Hill is one of the best places to live in New York. Because of its history as an affluent area, it’s a tranquil residential neighborhood with tree-lined avenues and lovely homes. Midrise brick flats and condominiums now lie across the street from magnificent brownstones, carriage homes, and freestanding mansions in what has become a more equitable area. If you’re looking for rooms for rent in Clinton Hill, now’s the time to move.
Find rooms for rent in Clinton Hill
Families and young professionals choose Clinton Hill because of its convenient location and low cost of living. Additionally, the proximity of Prospect and Fort Greene parks provides sufficient space for children and dogs to burn off energy. The Pratt Institute attracts a large number of college students, and this neighborhood-defining institution offers architecture, art and design, and liberal arts and sciences. Another selling feature is the variety of houses available.
Related: Guide For The First Time Renter
Average Rent in Clinton Hill
The numerous playgrounds and parks provide excellent opportunities for urban exploration. Clinton Hill, which is home to the Pratt Institute and Saint Joseph’s College, has developed a community that caters to residents, students, business owners, and families. Local residents value the neighborhood’s rich history and inviting atmosphere, and the average rent in Clinton Hill is fairly affordable. If you’re a student living on a budget, you can always look for rooms for rent in Clinton Hill and share them with a roommate. Here is the list of average rent in Clinton Hill.
|Rooms For Rent In Clinton Hill||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Clinton Hill||$1,261|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Clinton Hill||$2,948|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Clinton Hill||$3,570|
Is Clinton Hill Safe?
The 88th Precinct, which encompasses Clinton Hill and the surrounding area, has seen a significant drop in crime — a long-term trend that has definitely helped the neighborhood prosper. Moreover, this area has a lot of services that ensure your safe stay.
- Around me: This app provides and guides you to nearby hospitals, supermarkets, pharmacies, and other important services. It also provides you with up-to-date prices, directions, facts, and other information to assist you in making an informed decision. This is a must-have app if you’re looking for rooms for rent in Clinton Hill.
- Hotline numbers: The website for the NYCD provides you with numbers of various services, which you can avail by dialing 311. You can also report abandoned vehicles, road maintenance, noise concerns, and graffiti. For any situation involving immediate danger, call 911.
- Find your towed car: If your vehicle is ever towed by one of the three law enforcement agencies (the New York Police Department, the Sheriff’s Office, or the City Marshall), you’ll find it at the NYPD tow yards in the same borough where your car was discovered. You can locate your towed car online using the Find Towed Vehicle page at NYC.gov. Simply enter your plate number, state of registration, and car type, and you can see where your vehicle has been impounded.
Public Transit in Clinton Hill
Clinton Hill is the 40th most walkable neighborhood in New York, so you definitely don’t need a car to run your daily errands. This is a huge advantage if you’re looking for rooms for rent in Clinton Hill because you can easily walk from place to place.
Nearby Train Station
The C line is the sole direct route to Manhattan by subway. Ride time to Fulton St station from Clinton-Washington Avs is 10 minutes, 14 St at 8 Av is 20 minutes, and 42 St-Port Authority is 42 minutes. Between Long Island City and Prospect Park, the G train makes a stop here. And the junction of DeKalb and Washington Avs is roughly a 20-minute walk from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center.
Nearby Bus Station
On the B25, B26, B38, B52, B54, B57, and B62, you can go laterally through Clinton Hill into downtown Brooklyn or destinations east. Between Downtown BK and Kensington B69 utilizes Vanderbilt Avenue. Whereas between Lefferts Garden and Greenpoint, B48 uses Classon/Franklin Avenues. Moreover, B69 and B48 both travel via Prospect Park.
On its way to Wall St Pier 11 (10 min) or East 34 St, the NYC Ferry Astoria route docks at the Navy Yard (14 min). Because access is difficult, use this map as a guide.
Restaurants in Clinton Hill
Brooklyn’s Clinton Hill neighborhood is fast becoming a favorite place for stores, bars, and restaurants. All thanks to its hip families, lovely brownstones, clean, tree-lined avenues, and friendly neighbors. If you’re planning to look for rooms for rent in Clinton Hill, it’s also a good idea to check out places where you’ll eat out. Who knows — you could stumble upon your new favorite restaurant in Clinton Hill. Maybe even just around the corner from your new place! Here’s a list of the top Restaurants in Clinton Hill.
- Mekelburg’s: It’s known for its variety of craft beer, followed by Italian-inspired appetizers and nibbles.
- Aita: Homestyle Burmese cuisine served alongside natural wines and beer. Moreover, outdoor dining is available on the street and in the backyard.
- SOCO: SOCO is one of a number of restaurants in Clinton Hill which offers Southern food with a twist. The food at this trendy spot here is paired with cocktails and DJ sets.
- Putnam’s: Putnam’s is the iconic neighborhood gastropub serving local brews, the famous Putnam’s Burger, shareable bites and cocktails.
Parks in Clinton Hill
Nestled between Bed-Stuy and historic Fort Greene, this vibrant neighborhood affords itself the freedom of expressing itself through culture, food, and green spaces. Living here will give you the freedom to go for a run to de-stress. You can even take your pet for a walk in the parks in Clinton Hill. Some of the Parks in Clinton Hill are Underwood Park, Fort Greene Park, Herbert Von King Park, and more.
Best Schools in Clinton Hill
If you have kids and are planning on looking for rooms for rent in Clinton Hill, there are plenty of schools in the area. The majority of the area is in NYC School District 13, while a minor portion is in District 14. Many young families planning to rent a house in Clinton Hill are looking for the top schools, so here they are.
- PS 11 Purvis J. Behan (PK-5) is the area’s largest elementary school, with over 900 children with high test scores and equity, according to GreatSchools.
- Achievement First Endeavor Elementary and Middle School (K-4, 5-8) in Clinton Hill are free public charter schools with excellent ratings on GreatSchools.
- Benjamin Banneker Academy (9-12) is great for college preparation but not so much for test results.
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Clinton Hill? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!