New Delhi, the capital of India, is a land of diverse cultures and languages. People choose to find rooms for rent in New Delhi because they feel that it’s one of the best places to be. With its vibrant history and rich culture, it’s no wonder! In New Delhi there is always something for you and this guide will help you know more about the culture, lifestyle, neighborhoods, and cheap rooms for rent in New Delhi.
Related: 16 Best Things To Do In New Delhi
Getting to Know New Delhi
Located on the banks of river Yamuna, the city is a buzzing metropolis. But it’s also one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. From the vibrant colors and markets of Old Delhi to elegant monuments like India Gate, New Delhi boasts sights that rival those found in any other city in India!
With bustling neighborhoods like Karol Bagh and international cuisine offered up by eateries on South Ex, there’s an endless variety of things to see and do when visiting this incredible city.
Finding rooms for rent in New Delhi
New Delhi is one of the largest cities in the world. And, it’s also one of the oldest cities in the country. It’s the site of many important events, tourist sites, and universities.
Top Neighborhoods in New Delhi
- Kailash Colony: Kailash colony in Delhi is one of the poshest places to live in and it has always been the trendiest neighborhood. It will be harder to find cheap rooms for rent in New Delhi here. Though, everything is easily available in the neighborhood as it’s jam-packed with various amenities and services!
- Gulmohar Park: Gulmohar Park is located in South Delhi and offers the best of both worlds – a busy urban jungle and a relaxing park. The lush green of this residential colony offers a perfect work-home balance to its residents.
- Mayur Vihar: Mayur Vihar neighborhood includes sports facilities, and a large open space for community functions and gatherings. The area also has shopping complexes and many other facilities that make it a place where you can truly lead a life of peace and convenience!
Average Rent in New Delhi
|Rooms For Rent In New Delhi||Average Rent|
|Studio Apartment For Rent In New Delhi||₹7,300|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In New Delhi||₹11,591|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In New Delhi||₹21,760|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In New Delhi||₹41,436|
|4 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In New Delhi||₹58,732|
|5 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In New Delhi||₹91,930|
|8+ Bedroom Apartment For Rent In New Delhi||₹91,496+|
University Life in New Delhi
Going to college is one of the most memorable times in any person’s life. Delhi has been home to some of India’s best educational institutes for ages. And these institutes continue to attract students from all over the world. If you want to study in a place with multiple tourist attractions, entertainment options, and somewhere that provides a great research center, then you can start looking for rooms for rent in New Delhi.
Top 5 universities to check out:
- University of Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- IIT Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
How transit-friendly is New Delhi
The crowded and busy city of Delhi provides several options for its residents to get around the city. Even if you don’t own a car while you’re in the city, you can always rely on other modes of transport to get to your destination!
The metro has a combination of both underground and elevated trains that cover the city’s busiest areas. The Delhi Metro has 10 lines that spread across the entire city, making it the most reliable mode of transport.
New Delhi has an abundance of taxi services, from local taxi services to Ola and Uber. You can book your ride easily using apps and reach your destination without any hassle!
3. Auto rickshaw
Auto rickshaws are one of the most common modes of transport in the city. Autos are the most affordable as well as reliable means of commuting within Delhi. The fares for autos are determined mainly by the distance traveled using an electronic meter. You can try the auto ride while looking for rooms for rent in New Delhi!
Cultural Activities in New Delhi
Cultural activities give tourists and locals alike opportunities to experience new cultures without having to travel far from home. Delhi is a very happening city with a lot of things to do. And, over the years, people have had more time to participate in cultural activities all over the city. Here are some cultural activities that you’ll enjoy while hunting for rooms for rent in New Delhi!
1. Visit the Chandni Chowk Market
This market has been standing in the same place for centuries and is one of the most popular places in Delhi. It’s always bustling with activity. So, whether you’re searching for something to eat, a last-minute gift, or window shopping, this is your place!
2. Explore the Indian Culture at India International Trade Fair
The IITF is one of the oldest and largest exhibitions in India. It’s a huge annual event that draws visitors from all over the country and the world. The fair provides a platform for businesses from states around the country to showcase their cultures. Also, they sell their traditional foods, clothes, literature, and more to visitors!
3. Attend the Delhi World Book Fair
The Delhi World Book Fair is one of the biggest book fairs in India and Asia. It showcases over 100,000 books with publishers from all around the world. It’s a perfect place for all book lovers and is nothing less than a dream come true for the readers and writers community!
Restaurants in New Delhi
The food scene in Delhi is quite vibrant, with literally thousands of restaurants to choose from. It might be a challenge to choose one if you’re new to the city. For those who are new and are looking for cheap rooms for rent in New Delhi, here are some options you can choose from!
- The Spice Route: The restaurant is a fine dining establishment that offers one of the very best Indian food experiences one can have. The food is mouth-watering, well-presented, and very appetizing. Also, the service is impeccable.
- Dakshin: One of the most popular South Indian restaurants in Delhi, Dakshin specializes in Chettinad cuisine. This is a traditional cuisine from Tamil Nadu that uses spices like curry leaves and tamarind to give dishes a unique flavor.
- Indian Accent: Indian Accent is a restaurant in Delhi that is widely appreciated for offering authentic Indian food with a contemporary twist and excellent service. You should try this restaurant when you’re out looking for cheap rooms for rent in New Delhi!
You can easily find cheap rooms for rent in New Delhi since there’s a high demand for well-educated professionals in India’s tech industry. This has resulted in a population that’s 70 percent young people between the ages of 18 and 35. Young adults flock to the city from all parts of the country, to find rooms for rent in New Delhi, mainly to work and study.
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in New Delhi? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we’ll help you find your perfect match!