Are you considering moving to Santa Clara? We know shifting places can be taxing, but worry not – we’ll make the process easier! Why Santa Clara? For starters, the city has a Mediterranean climate, most days of the year have sun and it’s not too humid. Living in Santa Clara offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes.
The city offers a lot of restaurants, coffee shops and parks, and we think it’s one of the best places to live in California. Let Roomi guide you to find cheap rooms for rent in Santa Clara with ease!
Getting to know Santa Clara
Santa Clara is a city in Santa Clara County, California, United States. It’s located in the Santa Clara Valley, along the Guadalupe River, about 48 miles southeast of San Francisco and directly adjacent to San Jose on the southeast.
The city’s place names, architecture, and restored mission all represent a Spanish influence. The city grew as a processing facility for the rich Santa Clara Valley’s prunes, apricots, and other vegetables and fruits. All of this is just the starting point for reasons to look for rooms to rent in Santa Clara.
Finding rooms for rent in Santa Clara
Neighborhoods where you can find cheap rooms for rent in Santa Clara are Gilroy, where the average rent is $2,211/month, East Foothills, where the average rent is $2,245, and Alum Rock, where the median rent is $2,323 for a month.
If want to explore a different offer, search Loyola ($2,365), Campbell ($2,368), and Sunnyvale ($2,486) all of which are less than the typical Santa Clara rent of $2,565 per month.
Related: Find Rooms For Rent In San Jose
Top neighborhoods in Santa Clara
- Milpitas: This neighborhood is quite spacious. The streets are clean and the community is friendly despite the many businesses in the area. A 2-storey library here caters to students and adults in providing free access to resources. The neighborhood offers a variety of plazas that have a multitude of restaurants and grocery options. To find cheap rooms for rent in Santa Clara’s neighborhood is not easy, but Milpitas is comparatively affordable.
- Mountain View: Living in Mountain View offers residents an urban feel with lots of restaurants, coffee shops and parks, and most residents rent their homes here. It’s home to many families and young professionals, where residents tend to be liberal. However, the median rent is around $2,400, which makes it challenging to find cheap rooms for rent.
- Ventura: This neighborhood is in Santa Clara County and is one of the best places to live in California. Living in Ventura offers residents an urban feel and most residents rent their homes. Santa Clara neighborhoods are known to have low crime rates, and Ventura stands out specifically in terms of safety and affordable housing.
Average rent in Santa Clara
|Rooms For Rent in Santa Clara||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent in Santa Clara||$1,417|
University life in Santa Clara
Santa Clara is in close proximity to some of the best companies to work for in the whole country; Google, LinkedIn, and Adobe are consistently ranked by Glassdoor as some of the best places to work. This perk is huge if you’re looking for jobs after university in Santa Clara. Here are the top 5 universities to check out in and around the city!
- Santa Clara University
- San José State University
- Mission College
- Cogswell Polytechnical College
- Evergreen Valley College
How transit-friendly is Santa Clara?
GOGO Charters San Francisco
More than a thousand group tours, including convention trips, day trips, resort wedding trips, and school field trips, are coordinated by the GOGO charters courteous reservation specialists. It is widely-known as the best choice in the Santa Clara region. While these buses are more convenient, they’re also successful because of the popularity of the charter bus industry.
Located less than one mile from the city of Santa Clara, Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) services all of Silicon Valley and beyond. You can find all about the airline and airport shuttle information on their website.
Caltrain is a commuter train that runs from San Francisco to San Jose along the peninsula. Any city along the way has a rest. Caltrain runs seven days a week at the moment, going between San Francisco and Santa Clara. Take Caltrain south from San Francisco to the Santa Clara station. Santa Clara University is directly across the street from the station, and is a great option to commute to work, or while searching for rooms for rent in Santa Clara.
Renting a car in Santa Clara is a hassle-free way to travel whether you’re planning a road trip or want to explore cheap rooms for rent in Santa Clara. All you need to decide is whether you want a sports car, a sedan, or something in between.
Fun activities to do in Santa Clara
- K1 Speed go-karting company offers a fun environment for both adults and teenagers. Their slogan is “Arrive and drive” for a good reason. There is absolutely no need to reserve a go-kart before arriving.
- Living in Santa Clara, you should definitely take a trip to the Great America Amusement Park. Buy your tickets from Costco for a discounted seasonal pass between March and October.
- If you love an adventure, Kuma Trapped is for you! A great place to have fun – go to Escape Room for a thrilling gaming session with family and friends.
- The town is also home to the San Francisco 49ers team that plays in the National Football League. The club boasts of 5 Super Bowl titles and 7 National Football Conference championships. See their collections at the 49ers Museum in the Levi’s Stadium.
Nightlife in Santa Clara
Santa Clara nightclubs have a strong blend of house music, live shows, good food, great service, and even a few laughs.
- Avalon Night Club – Avalon Night Club is a fantastic venue to listen to live music. Top artists from various genres are known to play at the club, but punk and alternative artists seem to be the crowd’s favorites.
- ComedySportz – If you’re looking for a good laugh while you’re not watching the big game – you’ll find it here. The club’s award-winning immersive improv and comedy programs are well-known.
- Motif Restaurant and Club – This nightclub, which is located in Downtown Santa Clara, comes highly recommended by delighted regulars who find it to be an ideal spot to go clubbing after a long day or for a relaxed evening.
Santa Clara is a beautiful city with a myriad of things to do during the day and night. Whether you want to experience a relaxing night sipping wine with your friends or see an exciting football game, there’s no way you’ll ever be bored.
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find cheap rooms for rent in Santa Clara? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match! Download the app here and hop on the easiest ride home, ever!
We’ve got your back!
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find cheap rooms for rent in Santa Clara? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!