Studio City is a quaint neighborhood known as the “Beverly Hills” of the San Fernando Valley. The city boasts a range of activities, eateries, and bars, but what makes Studio City special is its tree-lined streets and beautiful sceneries. When you visit, take note of all the best things to do in Studio City with this article! We’ll guide you through Studio City attractions, walking tours— that you should definitely try!—, and even some highly recommended restaurants in Studio City.
Outdoor Activities in Studio City
1. Have fun at Universal Studios, Hollywood
A simple google search of “things to do in Studio City” will lead you to Universal Studios Hollywood. The theme park is known for thrilling rides, exceptional attractions, and most especially, the ever famous Butterbeer (don’t leave the park without one!). You will surely create unforgettable memories at Universal Studios.
- Ticket Price: One-day tickets range from $99 to $349, while Annual/Season passes range from $119 to $249
- Time: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
2. Hike the Rainforest Trail in Fryman Canyon Park
The Rainforest Trail is a one-mile narrow footpath located inside Fryman Canyon Park. The trail is known to be hidden since you would have to take the Wilacre basic loop and find the entrance to the trail; hence you won’t be seeing many hikers going this way. Not to worry, going through the Rainforest Trail is perfectly safe and will only take you one hour. Great for a quick outdoor exercise!
3. Shop at Studio City Farmers’ Market
Many locals flock to the Studio City Farmers’ Market every Sunday to shop for locally grown produce and artisan foods and crafts. Many vendors sell meat, bread, oils, and even ready-made food; you can spend a whole day here, and you wouldn’t get bored! Additionally, some proceeds from the market are donated to local charities.
Tours in Studio City
4. Go on a Bike Tour of Santa Monica and Venice Beach
The best way to explore the best Studio City attractions, aside from walking, is by bike. You can experience an active and fun adventure around Santa Monica and Venice Beach and Canals on a bike. Remember to bring your camera to take pictures of the beautiful scenery!
- Ticket Price: Tickets start at $79
- Time: 10 AM & 2 PM
5. Experience Hollywood at Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood
While in Studio City, why not maximize your stay by feeling like a celebrity? You could do just that with the Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood! With a tour of iconic back-lot sets and interactive sound stages, you will definitely get closer to the movies and shows you love. There are even stores where you can buy exclusive merch of your favorite movies and TV shows.
- Ticket Price: 59$ (For children aged 5-10), 69$ (For adults aged 11+)
- Time: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (Thursday-Monday)
6. Get goosebumps in the Haunted Tales of Downtown Los Angeles Tour
Be ready to get spooked in this two-hour guided walk tour around Downtown LA and its murders, mysteries, suicides, and unresolved crimes. Discover more about the city’s dark side with tales like the Chinatown Massacre of 1871, the L.A. Times Bombing, and many more.
- Ticket Price: Tickets range from $25 to $35
- Time: Tours start at 6:30 PM
Museums in Studio City
7. Relive history in Museum at Treaty of Cahuenga
Campo de Cahuenga is hailed as a historical monument and landmark in Los Angeles and California, respectively. It is also known as one of Los Angeles’ greatest historical treasures as historians refer to it as the birthplace of California. You will see a collection of artifacts in the museum and even the January 13, 1847 Treaty of Cahuenga.
- Time: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM (every 1st & 3rd Saturday of every month)
8. Check out Hollywood art at Décor Art Galleries
Décor Art Galleries boasts the best collection of Hollywood historic photos if you’re interested in old Hollywood art! From photos of iconic artists, Studio City attractions, old architecture, and even behind-the-scenes shots, you will find yourself in history in the art gallery. What’s more, you can take home original photos at relatively low prices!
- Time: 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM (Tuesday to Saturday), 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (Sunday)
Culture in Studio City
9. Play a game at Pinz Bowling Alley
Finding a place to bond or just looking for things to do in Studio City is no problem. Pinz bowling alley is the destination to enjoy a day or night out with your friends and family. The place has neon lighting with the typical wooden floors that a bowling alley normally has, but what makes Pinz bowling alley special is that it has been featured in TV shows like Modern Family and Storage Wars!
- Time: 12:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Monday to Thursday), 12:00 PM to 1:00 AM (Friday to Sunday)
10. Walk along Dr. Betty Berzon Place
Dr. Betty Barzon was known as one of the first American authors and psychotherapists who worked in gay and lesbian communities. She is also the first psychotherapist in the country to come out as gay to the public. With her efforts to help and fight for the LGBTQ+ community, Ventura Place in Studio City was renamed Dr. Betty Berzon Place in her honor. It is the first street dedicated to a known lesbian in California.
Restaurants in Studio City
11. Play and Dine at The Dinner Detective
Just like the city’s attractions, the restaurants in Studio City are unique and unforgettable. Basically, in The Dinner Detective, you need to solve a hilarious mystery while eating. The trick is you could be sitting with the ‘killer’ or even be the prime suspect! The restaurant is the largest interactive comedy murder mystery dinner theatre show in town.
- Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Tuesday to Friday), 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Saturday)
12. Order coffee and chill at Aroma Café
After going around Studio City attractions, take a breather at Aroma Café. You can order hand-crafted coffee and tea, burgers, wraps, salads, and more while sitting in their garden patios or the reading room.
- Time: 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Sunday to Thursday), 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM (Friday & Saturday)
13. Eat Japanese cuisine with Iroha Sushi
Another restaurant in Studio City that is a must-try is Iroha Sushi. They have a wide range of Japanese dishes, from edamame to ramen to roll specialties, but their sushi is highly recommended!
- Time: 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM (Monday to Sunday)
Bars in Studio City
14. Don’t miss the Black Market Liquor Bar
A hidden gem in Studio City, Black Market Liquor Bar offers fantastic food, great drinks, and a cozy setting. It is a gastropub with excellent dishes by Top Chef Antonia Lofaso that you surely don’t want to miss!
15. Grab a beer at the legendary Laurel Tavern
Admittedly one of the best things to do in Studio City is exploring its bars, and if you want to hang out with your coworkers after work or maybe have a drink on your first date, Laurel Tavern is the place to go to. They have a menu for sharing, burgers, cocktails to pair, and even beer and spirits!
Do you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find things to do in Studio City, LA? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!