Love is in the air, and we’re all here for it. If you’re looking to spice things up this Valentine’s Day, you’ve come to the right place! From Santa Barbara to Cambria, California houses some of the most romantic getaways ever — and we’ll be giving you all the juicy deets. Here are some of the best Valentine’s Day getaways in California you can try this year.
1. Napa Valley
Known as one of the world’s premier wine regions, Napa Valley is home to several romantic getaways in California. From hotels and resorts to high-style restaurants, this place has a lot to offer. One night may not be enough to experience all the wonders that Napa Valley has in store for you. So, if you want to make the most of your trip, you can organize a longer visit.
- Carneros Resort and Spa: In this perfect romantic getaway, you’ll have access to private cottages and luxury homes that ensure a relaxed and quintessential Napa experience.
- Napa Valley Wine Train: Are you a wine lover? Well, you can have the best romantic dinner you’ve ever had on this scenic wine country tour.
- Hotel Yountville: This hotel is elegance personified. In their special “Romance Package” you’ll find monogrammed bathrobes, soy candles, chocolate truffles, and more. And the food? It’s absolutely to die for!
- Napa River Inn: Napa River Inn is filled with romantic things to do in California for Valentine’s Day. They have many packages and events, such as the ‘Romance Package Getaway,’ that are sure to make your trip an unforgettable one.
2. Joshua Tree
If you and your partner love a good adventure, then Joshua Tree is the ideal spot for you both. Hidden in this city are some of the most secluded romantic getaways in California that will give you the privacy you need.
- National Park: Here, you can go on enjoyable hikes, enjoy the beautiful view, and even have a picnic. The famous Heart Rock is nearby (a large boulder shaped like a heart), where you can take adorable pictures.
- The Desert Lily Lodge: Get your blankets ready, and watch shooting stars across the beautiful night sky in this B&B. In this awesome Valentine’s Day getaway, you can fully relax and have much-needed alone time.
- Sacred Sands: A truly magical holiday destination, Sacred Sands will give you an experience like no other. Their services include free Wi-Fi, meditation platforms, posh indoor bathrooms, outdoor private showers, and bathtubs.
3. Santa Barbara
Because of its enthralling seaside scenery and romantic ambiance, coming to Santa Barbara is one of the best Valentine’s Day getaway ideas you can try. There are many fun activities for couples that guarantee a great time.
- Kimpton Canary Hotel: Luxury? Check. Mouthwatering meals? Check. This Santa Barbara hotel is no doubt one of the best Valentine’s Day getaways in California. Kimpton Canary Hotel is sure to surpass all your expectations and make your Valentine’s Day one to remember.
- Cheshire Cat Inn: If you’re looking to experience Santa Barbara in all its glory, you can’t miss out on the Cheshire Cat Inn. This unique inn bears an ‘Alice in Wonderland theme,’ and its features make it a perfect Valentine’s Day getaway.
- Santa Barbara Inn: This boutique inn has everything you need to have a wonderful time. Not only does it provide spectacular views, but you’ll also be within walking distance of attractions like the Santa Barbara Zoo. With elegant rooms and enviable amenities, Santa Barbara is definitely one of the best romantic getaways in California.
4. San Francisco
San Francisco is a must-travel-to city for couples who want to have a great Valentine’s Day. Everything about this city exudes romance, from the Bay to the landscapes. You can do many things together, like going on walking tours, cruises, and even sightseeing.
- The Ritz-Carlton in Half Moon Bay: Cozy up with your significant other in this beautiful resort with views of the Pacific Ocean. The Ritz-Carlton is one of the top secluded romantic getaways in California that’ll help you spend Valentine’s Day in class. The meals are nothing short of the best, plus you can unwind in their spa.
- Twin Peaks: Make the most out of your trip to San Francisco Bay at Twin Peaks. Carry a few blankets and a picnic basket, and you’re set for a perfect romantic evening. You’ll even get to enjoy great views of the Bay Area.
- Petite Auberge: This quaint French-inspired inn will add a sophisticated flair to your getaway. Aside from the cozy rooms, there are freebies such as a full buffet breakfast, evening wine and appetizers, and refreshments.
5. Santa Catalina Island
Known as the “Island of Romance,” Santa Catalina Island houses many romantic getaways in California. There’s an abundance of hotels, spas, and restaurants, each tailored to spice up a couple’s night out. When you’re here, make sure to make the most of it!
- Island Spa Catalina: In this perfect Catalina destination spa, you’ll feel as though you’re in paradise. Amenities here include an ocean-view relaxation deck, a dry sauna, a eucalyptus steam room, and more. You’ll certainly enjoy the rejuvenating massages and therapies that Island Spa Catalina offers.
- The Avalon Hotel: A pleasant experience awaits you in this top Valentine’s Day getaway. There’s a rooftop patio where you and your partner can just sit and talk underneath the night sky. The best part is, it’s close to other Santa Catalina attractions like the Catalina Island Museum, Golf Gardens, and the Knabe Park.
Do you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find the best Valentine’s Day getaways in California? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms for rent, we can help you find the perfect room! Download the app here and hop on the easiest ride home, ever!