Culver City, CA, is one of the great homes of moviemaking. It houses a significant number of TV and movie studios, such as MGM and Sony Pictures. But that’s not all! Here you’ll find fashionable retail shopping, great views, exciting outdoor experiences, and fine dining, with a touch of Hollywood to top it all off. This guide will tell you everything you need to know when you’re looking for rooms for rent in Culver City, such as the average rent in Culver City, top restaurants in Culver City, and more.
Named after its founder, Harry Culver, this Los Angeles County neighborhood is nestled between Downtown Los Angeles and Santa Monica. This makes it very convenient to commute to different areas of the city from. The neighborhood is adjacent to Beverly Hills to the north and Inglewood to the south. Around 40% of its buildings are single, detached homes, including large and small apartments.
Find Rooms For Rent in Culver City
Renting apartments in LA is not easy, but it’s definitely worth the effort. Culver City is undeniably one of Los Angeles’ best neighborhoods to live in, because here, you’ll find a rich blend of cuisine, art, film and tech. On your search for rooms for rent in Culver City, CA, you will discover a whole new world of fun. Plus, finding your next apartment in Culver City means you get quality access to entertainment, nature, and even education, as the city has been recognized as one of America’s top-educated cities.
Average Rent in Culver City
In terms of living costs, Culver City is ranked 12th out of 273 cities across the US. This means that rent prices are generally on the high side. Though living in Culver City requires many expenses, the average rent in Culver City typically depends on the neighborhood you choose to live in. However, the average rent across Culver City has decreased by 18.5% in the past year, meaning now might be a good time to move!
|Rooms for rent in Culver City||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Culver City||$1,404|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Culver City||$2,808|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Culver City||$4,212|
Is Culver City Safe?
While looking for rooms for rent in Culver City, CA, you’ve probably wondered, ‘is Culver City safe?’. It is a fairly safe neighborhood, but you are still advised to avoid walking alone here at night. Furthermore, you can check these websites to find out which neighborhoods in Culver City are the safest:
- AreaVibes: This app calculates a Livability Score for local areas based on factors that include nearby amenities, cost of living, crime rates, school rankings, etc. This is a great tool to use while searching for rooms for rent in Culver City, CA.
- SpotCrime: SpotCrime is a public-facing crime map and crime alert service. With this app, you can check crime virtually anywhere in a large number of countries. It allows you to lookup city and county crime data and reports all the way down to local neighborhood statistics.
- Citizen: This app provides users with real-time safety alerts, plus you get frequent updates on crimes happening in your neighborhood.
Public Transit in Culver City, California
With an average Walk Score of 75, Culver City is very walkable, and most daily errands can be accomplished on foot. Also, its residents enjoy convenient proximity to Los Angeles.
2. Roads and Traffic
As mentioned above, Culver City is close to Los Angeles, meaning that it won’t be so easy to avoid getting stuck in traffic. It’s advisable to plan long trips well in advance, or take the bus to be on the safe side.
3. Nearby Bus Stops
On Culver City’s bus service website, you can find many bus stops and bus routes close to you. You can view maps and bus schedules, get ETAs, and more. Find out more here: Culver CityBus.
4. Nearby Train Stations
Culver City is home to an elevated light rail station on the Los Angeles Metro Rail system, known as the Culver City Station. It is located at the northeast edge of downtown Culver City. Some easily accessible train stations in Culver City include Expo E Line, Robertson Transit Hub, Washington Blvd & National Blvd (Southbound).
Restaurants in Culver City
You should eat heartily, but also eat healthily. With the rising rate of health problems in the world today, Café Vida is prepared to offer its customers healthy food alternatives, with a menu containing low-fat Californian dishes such as salads and sandwiches that provide them with unique and delicious flavors.
The Pasta Sisters is a casual and cozy Italian restaurant with expanded seating and two patios that serves fresh homemade pasta with delicious sauces. This is definitely a good place to keep in mind while looking rooms for rent in Culver City, California. The best part is, they have a food truck, too!
This restaurant in Culver City has been well-reviewed because of its tasty, sustainable, and healthy food options, good customer service, and affordable prices. It gives off a modern vibe and even provides outdoor seating. You can have breakfast here every day and enjoy lunch and dinner from Tuesday through to Sunday.
Parks in Culver City, California
- Culver City Park: Culver City Park is a gorgeous green space with a beautiful view. Spanning over 40 acres, this park provides amenities such as picnic tables, a dog park, a BBQ spot, a skate path, a playground for kids, and even a recreation hut.
- Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area: Residents of Culver City have easy access to this park, which features large areas of native coastal sage scrub habitat, lawns, landscaped areas, picnic sites, tot lots, hiking trails, and more. It is regarded by locals as an outdoor wonderland and is great for a chill day out.
- Lindberg Park: This is a community park that offers 2 picnic areas with barbecues, a playground, athletic fields, and more. It’s a nice and quiet park where people of all ages can have a good time.
Recreational Activities in Culver City, California
Go on a Sony Pictures Studio Tour
You can’t possibly miss out on visiting the Sony Pictures Studio. If you want to glimpse a bit of Hollywood and feel like a star, then you should book a tour and enjoy a two-hour guided session that gives guests a look behind the screen. Here, you can visit the sets of famous shows and movies, like Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and The Wizard of Oz.
Visit the Culver City Arts District
This district is located on Washington Boulevard between Helms and Fairfax Avenues. Here, you can explore and enjoy a unique collection of contemporary art galleries, artist studios, boutique restaurants, and specialty services.
The Culver City’s Farmers Market
This year-round, certified farmer’s market operates from 2pm to 7pm every Tuesday. It offers the surrounding community farm-fresh produce and locally crafted artisan foods. Here, everyone has access to fresh food ingredients, farm produce, and even seasonal craft activities.
Do you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Culver City LA? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!