Los Angeles, California is home to a diverse range of lifestyle opportunities, and North Hollywood, LA is no different. North Hollywood in particular is a fairly remote suburb located near the San Fernando Valley. Life in North Hollywood can be dynamite! Getting rooms for rent in North Hollywood means that there will be no shortage of boutiques, galleries, spas, and restaurants, alongside a bustling industrial zone with cinema studios and motion picture production. Keep reading to learn more about the neighborhood as well as the average rent in North Hollywood!
Where is North Hollywood?
North Hollywood is located in the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, California. It’s bordered by Burbank to the west, Studio City and Valley Village to the north, Sun Valley to the east, and Toluca Lake to the south. It’s a great place for those craving urban living at an affordable price. There are plenty of shops, galleries, and restaurants in North Hollywood to explore all within walking distance from your front door
Find Rooms For Rent in North Hollywood?
In a city of contrasts, heritage can live next door and the future might be racing up behind you. Rolling hills poke up among the skyscrapers, and slopes are skiing down into lapels of low-slung graffiti. This neighborhood has plenty of museums and galleries representing a few thousand years of history, sights of locals standing together to enjoy the street artists. If you like the hustle-bustle city life then finding rooms for rent in North Hollywood is the best choice for you!
Related: Find Rooms For Rent In Los Angeles
Average Rent in North Hollywood
From the sky-scraping buildings lining the streets, the hustle and bustle of families roaming the shops, and parties spilling into clubs at night – North Hollywood is a one-of-a-kind hotspot. However, the average rent in North Hollywood is more expensive than in other neighborhoods which makes the feat of room hunting harder. But don’t worry, we’ve got your back and with our help, you can find the perfect rooms for rent in North Hollywood!
|Rooms for rent in North Hollywood||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In North Hollywood||$1,110|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In North Hollywood||$2,226|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In North Hollywood||$3,162|
Is North Hollywood safe?
North Hollywood is one of the safer and more diverse neighborhoods of Los Angeles. And, the crime rates of the neighborhood are below the national average. However, here are some apps and numbers you should aware of while looking for rooms for rent in North Hollywood.
- AroundMe: The AroundMe app was developed to allow consumers to easily find locations of nearby banks, hotels, restaurants, and gas stations. By simply typing in your current location or selecting one on the map found within the app’s interface, users are given a list of nearby businesses sorted according to category and distance from their current location.
- AreaVibes: AreaVibes is an app that allows you to quickly assess the livability of any given zip code. The service provides information about nearby amenities and their quality; crime statistics; housing costs; schools and education ratings; employment data; transportation options and weather.
- NeighborhoodScout: NeighborhoodScout is an app that allows you to search for any address in your area and find out how safe it’s and gives you the necessary details about the neighborhood. Make sure you use this tool before looking for rooms for rent in North Hollywood.
- Hotline Numbers: You count on 911 and 311 whenever you need some help. You can contact 911 for serious emergencies like a fire, crime in progress, life-threatening situations, etc. For non-emergencies like reporting graffiti or road damage, or simply making an inquiry about a service, call 311.
Public Transit in North Hollywood
North Hollywood is the 55th most walkable neighborhood in Los Angeles. Even though it has a walk score of 66, it is a perfect place for people who love to get their steps in! Some errands can be run on foot, but you will mostly need a car or some other mode of transport to get things done.
Roads & Traffic
If you have decided to move into one of the rooms for rent in North Hollywood then you should be ready to face the rush hour in the morning till 9 AM and in the afternoon from 3 PM- 7 PM. To travel without wasting too much time in traffic, check the bus routes before you leave for your destination.
Nearby Train Stations
If you have found rooms for rent in North Hollywood then traveling by train can save your time and is an affordable option. The best train station near North Hollywood is North Hollywood Station. Other stations near the region are Burbank Airport – North (AV Line), Bob Hope Airport South Metrolink, and Sun Valley Station.
Nearby Bus Stops
If you want to travel by bus, you can take the 224, 237, and 94 bus routes which serve through North Hollywood. Jump on a bus and explore all that the neighborhood has to offer!
Restaurants in North Hollywood
It’s no secret that LA is one of the biggest restaurant hubs in the US. In fact, restaurants in North Hollywood are proof of this! Restaurants in North Hollywood are known for their amazing food and unique ambiance. It’s no surprise that the eateries in this neighborhood draw a crowd – here are some you MUST try!
Mofongos is a Puerto Rican restaurant in North Hollywood and their menu items include a wide variety of Latin American dishes. Mofongo is also a Puerto Rican dish that is in high demand by the locals. If you are looking for great food, live music, and an atmosphere that can’t be beaten, then stop by Mofongos today!
The Spumante is a restaurant in North Hollywood, Los Angeles which has been a staple of the community since its founding in 1933. Serving traditional Italian food and fine wine to locals that have made it their go-to place for special occasions or everyday meals.
Hayat’s Kitchen is a family-owned and operated restaurant in North Hollywood. The restaurant serves traditional American food which includes burgers, sandwiches, and fries. This intimate spot has about 10 tables with seating for about 30 people in total.
Parks in North Hollywood
- Valley Village Park: If you like the idea of a weekend picnic with your friends then you can take a trip to Valley Village Park. The park is clean and well maintained and it includes a playground, picnic tables, and a multi-purpose field.
- North Hollywood Recreation Center: This place will surely become one of your favorite hangout spots thanks to the huge range of activities on offer. The center is home to various sports fields, a gym, courts, and an outdoor pool as well.
- Valley Plaza Sports Complex: You can go to Valley Plaza Sports Complex to practice your baseball, play a friendly soccer match or just go for a run.
Nightlife in North Hollywood
Skinny’s Lounge is a nightlife hotspot in the heart of North Hollywood. This unique, swanky venue boasts retro-style lighting and furnishings, cozy booth seating, and plush banquettes for optimal comfort. The diverse drinks menu features a selection of beers on tap as well as a variety of signature cocktails from the bar staff.
The Good Nite
At Good Nite Karaoke, their goal is to bring people together through music, food, and drinks. Their establishment features selections of Asian-inspired tapas which they accompany with specially chosen wines, beers, and spirits from around the world. It has everything you need for a fun night out with friends and family.
The 513 is a new concept that blends the flavors of a cocktail lounge with an intimate concert space. With its dim lighting, vintage decor, and live music, it’s the kind of place one might expect to find in New York. But this gem is hiding away in North Hollywood, LA. They also have a rotating selection of craft beers and ciders on tap – what more do we need to make the night memorable!
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in North Hollywood? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!