Cypress Hills is a neighborhood in East New York, Brooklyn, and is a beautiful place to live or visit. Most importantly, it’s really close to the city – you can get into Manhattan and back home in under an hour! The neighborhood is also home to great entertainment options and an exciting nightlife. If you’re looking for rooms for rent in Cypress Hills then keep reading. We’re covering the stuff you need to know more about the city, from the safety of the neighborhood to the restaurants in Cypress Hills!
Where is Cypress Hills?
Cypress Hills is a small town in the northeast of the state. The city is home to over 50,000 residents and has been a fixture in New York’s history since the late 1700s. If you’re looking to move to a neighborhood that is densely urban and ethnically diverse, then consider looking for rooms for rent in Cypress Hills.
Find rooms for rent in Cypress Hills
Finding the right apartment can be tough. You want safety, you want affordability, and most of all, you want convenience. You can get all of these by finding rooms for rent in Cypress Hills. The neighborhood is conveniently close to all the necessary amenities, and you can also get a lot of entertainment options, bars, shops, and restaurants in Cypress Hills.
Related: Find Rooms for Rent in Brooklyn, NY
Average rent in Cypress Hills
For those seeking a quiet neighborhood slightly removed from the bustle of city life while still being close to all urban necessities, this area is a good choice. The average rent in Cypress Hill is slightly higher than the national average. However, the neighborhood is rent-friendly and is a great place to move to if you love lively nightlife and diversity!
|Rooms for rent in Cypress Hills||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Cypress Hills||$1,079|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Cypress Hills||$2,158|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Cypress Hills||$3,345|
Is Cypress Hills safe?
Cypress Hills is a safe and cozy neighborhood. The crime rates of the neighborhood are below the national average but, even still, here are some apps and numbers you should aware of while looking for rooms for rent in Cypress Hills.
- AreaVibes: AreaVibes is an app that allows you to quickly assess the livability of any given zip code. The service provides information about nearby amenities and their quality; crime statistics; housing costs; schools and education ratings; employment data; transportation options and weather.
- AroundMe: The AroundMe app was developed to allow consumers to easily find locations of nearby banks, hotels, restaurants, and gas stations. By simply typing in their current location, users are given a list of nearby businesses sorted according to category and distance from their current location.
- NeighborhoodScout: NeighborhoodScout is an app that allows you to search for any address in your area and find out how safe it is and gives you the necessary details about the neighborhood. Make sure you use this tool before looking for rooms for rent in Cypress Hills.
- Hotline Numbers: You count on 911 and 311 at times of emergencies. You can contact 911 for serious emergencies such as a fire, crime in progress, life-threatening situations, etc. For non-emergencies like reporting graffiti or road damage, or simply making an inquiry about a service, call 311.
Public transit in Cypress Hills
You can accomplish most errands by foot in this neighborhood. All those looking for rooms for rent in Cypress Hills will be happy to know that the neighborhood has a walkability score of 88. Cypress Hills is the 117th most walkable neighborhood in New York.
2. Roads & traffic
It won’t come as a surprise to know that you can often find heavy traffic on the roads of Cypress Hills. Since Brooklyn is one of the most crowded places in New York City you will encounter some traffic most of the time around the neighborhood. You will also find plenty of taxis waiting to help you with your room search!
3. Nearby train stations
It is important to check the nearby train stations before looking for rooms for rent in Cypress Hills. The nearest train station to Cypress Hills is Jamaica LIRR Station. Other stations near the region are MTA – 71st Continental Avenue – Forest Hills Subway Station, and Howard Beach – JFK Airport.
4. Nearby bus stops
Commuters can take the B13, Q24, and Q56 New York City bus routes which serve through Cypress Hills. You can catch these buses at Jamaica Avenue Cypress Hills. Once you have found rooms for rent in Cypress Hills, buses will be the most eco-friendly and pocket-friendly way to get around!
Restaurants in Cypress Hills
When you’re looking for your next foodie adventure, visit one of these top-rated restaurants in Cypress Hills. The range of restaurants in the area includes every type of cuisine under the sun! From Mexican to Italian and everything in between — check out these top restaurants in Cypress Hills!
Rangoon is a Burmese restaurant located in the heart of Cypress Hills. From the traditional favorite Mohinga to traditional soups and curry dishes, you can get Myanmar dishes known for their subtle flavors and textures.
2. Rico Pollo
Rico Pollo is one of the most famous restaurants in Cypress Hill, serving up authentic Spanish dishes with a fresh flare. The restaurant has a charming atmosphere with wooden chairs and tables throughout the establishment that creates a welcoming ambiance!
Tacosssss is a Mexican restaurant that offers tasty treats that are sure to make your mouth water. Their menu includes the best Mexican food in the neighborhood, and their flavorful food is something you will always find yourself going back to!
Parks in Cypress Hills
- Highland Park: If you are looking for a place to have a fun barbeque party, go for a run or play soccer, then you can count on Highland Park. This is a beautiful park with a number of options of activities to do!
- Cypress Hills Playground: What could be more fun than a park with a running track, baseball area and playground? This playground has this plus other amenities like basketball courts, drinking water fountains, and sprinklers.
- Ridgewood Reservoir: This is going to be your favorite place if you like taking small walks in nature. You can also go for a run, rollerblade, or bike in the park. If you’re lucky, you could also come across some unique animals and birds! This is also a great spot for picnics and hanging out under the shade of the large trees!
Nightlife in Cypress Hills
1. Oracle Lounge
The Oracle Lounge is a popular New York City bar that’s located in Cypress Hills, with lots of exotic drink concoctions to sample. The venue hosts a variety of events, including live music performances and karaoke nights. The club also has great music, great food, and great service!
2. Festac Ultra Lounge
Festac Ultra Lounge is a new and exciting nightclub. It’s the perfect place to grab drinks with friends or set up a Tinder date. In addition to its impressive menu and full bar, Festac features many amenities customers have come to love including karaoke nights and live music events!
Nowadays is a great club for nightlife, with a great selection of drinks and food. The ambiance of the club is perfect and you can be sure you’ll have a great night with your friends here!