Milpitas is a city in Santa Clara County, California. There are immense opportunities here, which is what makes it such a great place to live! However, rental prices are not only among the most expensive in California, but average rent in Milpitas also consistently ranks among the most expensive in America. But worry not, we’ve got your back! Let’s dive right into it – finding cheap rooms for rent in Milpitas and living your best life in the city starts here.
Getting to know Milpitas
Located at the southern tip of the San Francisco Bay, the City of Milpitas is a progressive community that is an integral part of the high tech Silicon Valley. With a highly diversified resident population of 70,817, Milpitas features quality universities, as well as conveniently located neighborhood parks and shopping centers. It’s also a very quiet and intimate town, with a strong Asian community. Come along for the ride as we show you all the things you need to know to enjoy this fun-filled city.
Related: Find Rooms For Rent In San Jose
Finding rooms for rent in Milpitas
The average rent for an apartment in Milpitas is $2,543. The most affordable neighborhood offering relatively cheap rooms for rent in Milpitas is Midtown, where the average rent starts at $1,750 per month.
Top neighborhoods in Milpitas
- Midtown: This neighborhood is quite spacious. The streets are clean and the community is friendly despite the many businesses in the area. A 2-storey library here caters to students and adults in providing free access to resources. Midtown offers a variety of plazas that have a multitude of restaurants and grocery options. To find cheap rooms for rent in Milpitas’ neighborhoods isn’t easy, but Midtown is somewhat affordable, so consider starting your search here.
- Sunny Hills: This neighborhood covers an end-to-end price range of the average rent in Milpitas. You can find cheap rooms for rent in Milpitas ranging from $1,450 – $4,850. Residents living here attest to the fact that it’s very safe not only for youngsters, but is also great for families with young kids.
- Piedmont Rd: The average rental price in Piedmont Rd is currently $3,862. The average rent in this Milpitas neighborhood is higher than 90.2% of the neighborhoods in California. The area has some outstanding features about the way it looks and its way of life that are well worth experiencing for yourself!
Related: Find Rooms For Rent In Santa Clara
Average rent in Milpitas
|Rooms For Rent In Milpitas||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in Milpitas||$1,243|
|2 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in Milpitas||$2,486|
|3 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in Milpitas||$3,729|
University life in Milpitas
Milpitas, in Santa Clara County is in close proximity to some of the best companies to work for in the whole country. Google, LinkedIn, and Adobe are consistently ranked by Glassdoor as some of the best places to work. This perk is huge if you’re looking for jobs after university in Milpitas. Here are the top 5 universities to check out in and around the city!
- Santa Clara University
- San José State University
- Mission College
- Cogswell University of Silicon Valley
- California State University, East Bay
How transit friendly is Milpitas?
How you get around — car, bus, train, or other means – and how much time it takes up in your day is a significant quality of life and financial consideration. The duration and mode of your commute can be a costly burden, especially with gas costs on the rise and likely to continue. Some areas are physically positioned in such a way that it makes sense to drive your own car, while others are designed so that inhabitants can walk, bike, or ride the train or bus to get around.
With a walk score of 90, it’s safe to call Milpitas a walker’s paradise, where you can run most daily errands without a car. If you want to look for rooms for rent in Milpitas by foot, be sure to visit nearby parks, such as include Starlite Park, Tom Evatt Park and O’Toole Elms Park.
2. Public Transportation – Buses and Light Rail
You can get in, around and out of Milpitas on VTA buses and Light Rail, and also with BART. See Intercity Trains and plan your journey ahead!
3. Milpitas Transit Center & BART Station
The Milpitas Station is located within Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority’s Milpitas Transit Center. It is the northernmost BART station in Santa Clara County. You can look at VTA Schedules, Maps and Fares, before heading out to chill or look for rooms in Milpitas.
Located 4.3 miles away from the city of Milpitas, San Jose International Airport (SJC) services all of Silicon Valley and beyond. You can find all about the airline and airport shuttle information on their website.
Must visit spots in Milpitas
Big Dog Vineyards
Nestled in the East Bay Hills overlooking Silicon Valley, Big Dog Vineyards is a family-owned winery that produces small-batch, handmade wines. Opened in 2009, the boutique winery produces wines from 12-year old vineyards and the highest quality grapes, using traditional techniques from grape to glass.
Josè Higuera Adobe Park
The Josè Higuera Adobe Park is a family-friendly public park that is set around the 700-foot historical Jose Higuera building, an indoor facility that is ideal for social gatherings and meetings for up to 50 people. There are picnic tables and a barbecue pit behind the building, and there are several exhibits to check out.
Ed R. Levin County Park
If you’re in Milpitas, you cannot miss out on Ed R. Levin County Park! It is a large municipal park that offers a variety of recreational facilities ranging from a dog park and horseback riding areas to a hang gliding and paragliding area. A perfect spot for anyone seeking some adventure after looking for rooms for rent in Milpitas!
Restaurants in Milpitas
- Naan-n-Masala is a small mom-and-pop, no-fuss Indian restaurant. It primarily serves authentic North Indian-style curries and chats. A must try if you’re in the neighborhood, looking for something unique!
- La Milpa is a little family-owned Mexican restaurant with a full bar and a weekend mariachi band. They have been around for quite some time, serving home-style Mexican comfort food. They’re especially famous for their Mexican breakfast fare.
- MOH Kitchen is a hidden gem, owned and managed by Koko and Phung. He is from Burma, while she is from Thailand – hence, the eclectic mix of Burmese and Thai on the menu.
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find cheap rooms for rent in Milpitas? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!