Planning a move to Covina, California? Intimate and neighborly, the city brings you all of the comforts of a small town with the convenience of a big city. We know finding apartments for rent in Covina, CA is a tough row to hoe. So, before making the big move, take a look through our neighborhood guide, containing all the key info you’ll need. Keep it handy for details on average rent and restaurants in Covina. Now relax: this neighborhood guide will make your search for rooms for rent in Covina, CA, much easier!
Getting to know Covina
Covina is a city in Los Angeles County, California, located in the San Gabriel Valley approximately 22 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.
Related: Find Rooms For Rent In Los Angeles
Did you know the city was the world’s third greatest orange producer in 1909? Even in the 1950s, it claimed to have “the best oranges in the world.” Despite the fact that the city no longer produces as many oranges, it has become a symbol of the city, and you can’t go anywhere without seeing at least one.
Finding rooms for rent in Covina, CA
The average rent in Covina is not only among the most expensive in California, but it’s also consistently ranked as being among the most expensive in the entire United States. Although renting cheap apartments for rent in Covina is hard, residents here are kind and welcoming. Whether they live in a luxurious house or a more modest condo, they give the city a small-town feel with all the benefits of living in a global environment.
Whether you’re moving for a job, moving closer to your family, or simply upgrading your home, this city won’t disappoint you! Let’s look into the best neighborhoods with a variety of rooms for rent in Covina, CA.
Top neighborhoods in Covina
- Charter Oak: Real estate here is primarily made up of medium sized (three or four bedroom) homes. You’ll also find small (studio to two bedroom) single-family homes and apartment complexes/high-rise apartments.
- La Puente: Among the most affordable neighborhoods in the city is La Puente, where the average rent goes for $1,444/month. Many first-time tenants may find cheap rooms for rent in Covina right here.
- S Citrus Ave: S Citrus Ave area has more residents of Mexican heritage than almost any other neighborhood in the United States! Mexican heritage accounts for 59.4% of the population in this area.
Average rent in Covina
|Rooms for rent in Covina||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Covina||$783|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Covina||$1,566|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Covina||$2,349|
University life in Covina
Here, you’ll experience everything in terms of culture and social life! While searching for rooms for rent in Covina as a student, you’ll discover many others in the same boat as you are, creating limitless possibilities for friendships and socializing. And don’t forget, that’s great news for room sharing and saving money! Here are few of the top universities to check out in and around the city:
- Citrus Community College
- Cal Poly Pomona
- Mt. San Antonio College
- Chapman University
- University of La Verne
How transit friendly is Covina?
Sightseeing and hunting for rooms for rent in Covina is easily done on foot. The city has a walk score of 80, so you can explore the entire city seamlessly, popping into a café or two along the way.
2. Public Transportation
The city’s Transit program, featuring a Dial-A-Ride program and Foothill Transit/MTA Bus Passes are available. The city is also provided by Metrolink Trains and there are 1 Metrolink Trains rail stops in Covina. The nearest airport is Ontario International Airport. The freeway nearest to the city is I-10.
3. Car Rentals
Car rentals are useful when you’re traveling long distances to browse apartments for rent in Covina. Here are the top car rental companies you might want to look into when searching for rooms for rent in Covina, CA.
4. Go West Shuttle Service
The Go West Shuttle service consists of three alignments (Red, Blue, and Green) that serve destinations throughout the city. Major stops include Plaza West Covina, Eastland Shopping Center, Heights Shopping Center, Cameron Community Center, and many more. Get your bearings with the Go West Shuttle Brochure and Map.
Popular Places to Visit in Covina
Founded in 1882, Covina is a quiet family-friendly suburb with great local shopping and an abundance of bars and restaurants. With plenty of local amenities and the beautiful San Gabriel mountains ever-present in the background, you’ll feel right at home in no time. Check out the area’s great local attractions:
- Local Arts and Culture Museum
- Visit Big League Dreams
- Day Trip to Fish Canyon Falls
- Get Some Musical Inspiration at the Fret House
- Head to the city’s AMC theater
Restaurants in Covina
The nightclubs, bars and restaurants in Covina are some of the most sophisticated that California has to offer. So, don’t forget to hit some of these spots after looking for rooms for rent in Covina! Some of the restaurants in Covina you can’t afford to miss include:
- 3Vino’s – the only nightclub in Downtown Covina serving Cuban cuisine, wine, drinks, and live entertainment.
- The Artist Pizzeria is among the relatively new restaurants in Covina, providing excellent salads and thin-crust pizza.
- Do you have a craving for sushi? Karaoke, fresh sushi, innovative meals, and beverages are all available at Bishamon Japanese Restaurant.
- The Royal Lounge is a bar that has great prices drinks and delicious food. $1 taco Tuesdays, bacon wrapped shrimp dinners, and steak and lobster dinners are not to be missed!
Do you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Covina? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!