Dublin is the capital and most populous city of Ireland. It is located on Ireland’s east coast at the mouth of the River Liffey and is bordered to the south by the Wicklow Mountains. It’s very walkable with plenty of cafes, restaurants, and pubs to stop at along the way! If you are looking for rooms for rent in Dublin, then we are here to help you discover everything about the quality of life, restaurants, culture, and average rent in Dublin.
Related: 12 Best Things To Do In Dublin
Getting to Know Dublin
Dublin is not only Ireland’s largest city, but it is also one of its most historic and culturally important. And as well as being the economic center of its own country, it is one of the fastest-growing cities in Europe. This thriving city is lively and buzzes an authentic sense of Irish culture. It’s also a magnet for entrepreneurs and creatives from all over the world. This guide will help you plan your visit to Ireland’s capital city.
Finding rooms for rent in Dublin
Dublin is one of the most vibrant and lively cities in Europe. Home to various monuments, castles, theaters, museums, and more, it’s no wonder that there are so many myths and legends surrounding the city. And with a rich cultural heritage like this, it’s hardly surprising that so many people move to Dublin for a better quality of life.
However, finding a cheap room to rent in Dublin can be difficult. Rents are high, and so are the expectations! Those looking for rooms for rent in Dublin need time to find something that fits their budget. But don’t worry, we’ve got your back; we’re here to help you find the perfect place for you!
Top Neighbourhoods in Dublin
- North Inner City: Located in the center of Dublin, North Inner City is a neighborhood known for its great nightlife and extensive cultural diversity. Here you also have great cafes and restaurants all within walking distance of your front door.
- Portobello: Portobello is a vibrant and diverse community, which makes it a great place to look for rooms for rent in Dublin. Not only are there many beautiful parks nearby, but there are also plenty things to do and see within the neighborhood itself.
- Rathmines: Rathmines is a very colorful place with many parks and retail areas. It has a bohemian atmosphere and attracts many young people who are seeking an alternative lifestyle and love to make friends. The neighborhood has several pubs, cute shops, and cafes!
Average Rent in Dublin
|Rooms For Rent In Dublin||Average Rent|
|Studio Apartment For Rent In Dublin||€1,502|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Dublin||€1,184|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Dublin||€1,637|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Dublin||€2,757|
|4 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Dublin||€4,352|
|5 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Dublin||€4,505|
|8+ Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Dublin||€9,632+|
University Life in Dublin
With its huge universities and cosmopolitan population, Dublin is never short of things to do (or places to eat). Every year thousands upon thousands of students come from abroad to study at major universities.
Here are the top 5 universities to check out:
- University College Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Business School
- Technological University Dublin
How transit friendly is Dublin?
The tram system in Dublin, which is also known as the Luas, is an efficient way to get around the city. Riding the Luas is convenient and comfortable as well as fun. There are stops all over Dublin, so you can get from one place to another quite easily. Trams are a great way of getting around because they’re quick and easy and good for the environment. You should try the Luas when looking for rooms for rent in Dublin!
The Dublin Bus network is the primary provider of public transport in the city of Dublin. There are over 100 routes which cover the whole of the city. If you want to look for rooms for rent in Dublin, then you can try getting around the city on a bus. This way, you will already be familiar with the bus system when you move!
Taxis are the most reliable method of transport to get you to your destination at night or at times when you are in a hurry but can’t find a bus or a tram. Even though taxis aren’t the cheapest way to travel in Dublin, they are still a great way to get to places without having to get behind the wheel yourself!
In a city where it seems half of the population commutes by foot, you might find yourself walking more than your fair share. It can also be an opportunity to make sure you’re maximizing your time spent on two feet.
Cultural Activities in Dublin
Dublin is an incredible city, brimming with things to see and do. The traditional Irish culture is deeply rooted in Dublin life, and it shows through various cultural activities you can engage in during your stay. Some of Dublin’s most popular activities include theaters, art galleries, museums, concerts, festivals, pubs, restaurants, and cafes. Here are some of those that you don’t want to miss out on!
- Christ Church Cathedral
- The Little Museum of Dublin
- Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- National Gallery of Ireland
- National Museum of Ireland
Restaurants in Dublin
Dublin is a city known for its food, and there is no shortage of amazing restaurants in the capital. From classic Irish cuisine to contemporary dishes, you’re sure to find something that suits your taste buds. Here are some of the great restaurants that you can try while you’re out looking for cheap rooms for rent in Dublin.
- Liath: Liath is a great place to get some tasty food and drink. They have a wide variety of options for everyone, including vegetarian and gluten-free! The prices are very reasonable, and the service is excellent.
- Dax: Dax is a restaurant that offers some of the best Irish and international food in town. They serve great breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials and have an extensive drinks list.
- The Chapter One Restaurant: The Chapter One Restaurant has been a staple in Dublin for the past decade. Their goal is to create an amazing experience for their customers, using only the freshest ingredients. That’s why they created their seasonal menu, offering local favorites as well as new, one-of-a-kind dishes!
Do you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Dublin? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!